Skip to main content

Don’t be THAT Customer..

Enjoy this weeks #MandaMonday blog post by our owner!

As soon as people hear that I own a bridal shop, the first thing they ask is something like “Do you get a lot of bridezillas?” or “Are brides’ families really mean like on TV?” or “That must be full of drama!”
It’s true that this business has its fair share of drama, BUT, the good far outweighs the bad, and the vast majority of our brides are amazing women that I’m honored to have helped. We’ve grown close to many of our brides throughout their buying experience with us, and we attend many weddings as guests and stay in touch with many of our brides long after their weddings.

If you’ve had an appointment with us, you know that we are a very customer service focused business. We do our best to be friendly and accommodating while making the bride and her guests comfortable during their visit. There are however things that I will not tolerate:

1. Negative/Body disparaging comments by anyone, including the bride. We only want positive and constructive comments here. This should be a good experience and you should leave the shop feeling absolutely beautiful!

2. Rudeness and talking down to my staff. We’re here to help you, you don’t need to scream or be mean to get your point across. We don’t work like that, we want you to have a great experience with us, and lashing out at your consultant ruins that. The truth is that you’ll get a lot more out of your visit by being nice I am much more likely to pull some strings and call in a favor to the manufacturer to get what you want if you’re pleasant.

3. Be honest with us, don’t lie. If you gained weight and your dress is too tight, just be honest so we can come up with a solution! Your original dress measurements are in your file, and we are able to see if they’ve changed, so screaming at us about being measured wrong isn’t going to help. Things happen, and we understand that wedding planning is stressful. The more upfront you are, the better the chance of getting the end result you are looking for. If you’re pregnant, tell us!! We aren't going to post it on Facebook, I promise. We want to make sure that our gown fits you correctly and you look beautiful. Withholding information makes it hard for us to do our job effectively, and in the end it makes it harder on you.

4. Unrealistic expectations. I was getting my nails done yesterday and a woman walked in and had a fit because the sweet little ladies at the nail salon couldn't fit her in immediately. She had “places to be!” She stormed out and said, “I guess I’ll just have to make an appointment next time!” I looked at my sister and we both just laughed. Our shop is no different. If you are looking for personalized, one on one attention then please call ahead and make an appointment! Otherwise, be prepared to wait until we can assist you.

5. Unruly/Unattended children. We say it on our website, we say it when asked over the phone… A bridal shop is NOT a place for children. There is glass shelving and big mirrors, and all kinds of delicate white fabrics and breakable things. If you must bring a child, or if you really want to include a special child that’s fine, but they must behave and be attended. I will reprimand kids who are running around and hiding in racks, and I will reprimand the guardians who are not watching them. It’s a safety issue, so please keep this in mind and make arrangements for your children.

Our ultimate goal is for you to have a fantastic time finding your dress, and we want all of our brides to leave happy!! All of our consultants love helping brides, and are truly here to help you get exactly what you want. So, relax and come in with an open mind and we’ll help you find exactly what you’re searching for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Cute Gifts Your Bridesmaid Will Actually Want!

5 Cute Gifts Your Bridesmaid Actually Want! Want to be that awesome bride that doesn't want to give mainstream gifts? Check this list out! Everyone knows that weddings are full of tears, so why not lighten the mood and make them laugh? Such a fun and cute way to wipe away those tears of joy! No Ugly Crying Embroidered Hanky Alex and Ani Bracelet. They are a stylish way to show them what you mean to them. They come with a card with three different meanings so you can make it super personal. Bonus tip: Add a note and tell them how that charm reminds you of them. Alex and Ani Bracelets Pearls of Friendship Necklace by Dogeared. This is such a sweet dainty touch to give your girls, and they can even wear it on the wedding day! A very sweet way to tell them how much they mean to you, and because, who doesn’t like pearls? I mean, really. Dogeared Pearls of Friendship Necklace Ring candles are a great way to give your besties a surprise and a good smelling hous...

REAL TALK. How to be A Good Bridesmaid

We all know that being a bridesmaid is a blessing AND a curse. Buying a dress that 1. you don’t like and 2. UGH that price tag though! We all know that sometimes being asked to be in a wedding is extremely frustrating. However, when your best friend asks you to be in her wedding it’s hard to not feel honored! She loves you and wants you by her side for the most important day of her life. Please be seated class! Remember that she might be stressed out, and don’t take it personal. She may be stressed because everyone is in her ear telling her what she should do. Ask her if she needs help and most likely she will need it, but might not want to ask. You may not care about all the details, but she does! A good friend will shut up about her wanting paper flowers instead of real ones and help her make “said” paper flowers. She will change her mind at least a dozen times. I am SOOO guilty of this. In this day and age with pinterest, instagram, wedding blogs, and facebook i...

Emily's #WeddingWednesday

Emily came to Bombshell on a recommendation from a friend "I was having a horrible time finding a dress in my size. I called the shop and asked about my size, when she said "We have that size", I almost cried" she said. The bride and new mom came to the shop she had little less than a month until her wedding. Emily was so worried about finding a gown for her special day. " We picked out 4 dresses an started trying them on, I wasn't feeling like any of them was "The one". My consultant  wasn't rushful or rude about me not liking them. She then went to the back and brought out a dress in blue that could be ordered in white, I LOVED IT!!!!" The gown Emily chose was ready for her wedding and she looked stunning! " The day of my wedding I felt like a million dollars, everyone loved my dress.When I got to my husband at the alter he was in awe, mouth open and all. After the wedding he told me that I took his breath away, that he fell...