Skip to main content

How Do I Know It's My Dress?

How Do I Know It’s My Dress?


Most people who know me know that it took me a very, very, very, very, VERY long time to find my dress for my wedding. You think that owning a bridal shop would be beneficial, and I would know the minute I got engaged what dress I was going to wear. LIES. I was extremely panicked after I got engaged, and I had no idea what dress I was going to wear.


0.gif


I’ve tried on several, and I do mean SEVERAL, wedding dresses, be it for fun or for fashion shows, I’ve tried ‘em all. Before I was engaged, I would try on every new dress we received and facetiously say “This is my dress!”. My mom likes to tell stories about that, ask her! (Love you, mom!) Below is a collage with dresses that I said were “my” dress; LOL
0000000.jpg


So how does a girl who owns a bridal shop, who photographs weddings, and is around wedding dresses almost 24/7 find THE dress? Great question!
55545.gif


To be honest I had no idea what the hell I was looking for. At first I wanted a mermaid, then I wanted blingy, then I wanted this then, I wanted that etc. My mind changed constantly! THERE ARE SO MANY PRETTY DRESSES HOW DO YOU FIND THE ONE?!


The months went on, and I still was batshit crazy. I was so lost as to what my “bridal vision” was. It got to the point where I would just pick a dress because it fit me. I know I know, that is EXACTLY what we here at Bombshell preach NOT to do, to NEVER settle on your wedding gown. Go on, you have permission to yell at me. However I was tired, and felt so pressured to find the “perfect” dress. People would tell me “Since you’re co-owner you need to have the most fabulous dress ever!”. Take about PRESSURE! How can you not feel pressured these days? Pinterest, Say Yes to the Dress, and all those bridal magazines! Personally, I hate Say Yes to the Dress... those shows make you feel like you HAVE to cry, you have to feel some sort of dramatic emotion, because if you don’t you’re not human. I CALL BULLSHIT.


000.gif


After a sea of dresses and countless months of trying on every dress that comes in the store, I finally found my dress. I didn’t cry and neither did any of my family. I looked at it on me and thought I looked damn good. The best part? I felt like me! It didn’t match my theme at all and you know what? I’m perfectly okay with that. My theme was sort of a disney/nautical mash up, my bridesmaids wore shades of pink and purple not navy, and my dress was a floral print. #SorryNotSorry
0000.jpg


Some girls (such as myself) don’t have waterworks, or have feelings of pure bliss when they find their dress. Did you feel that way about your fiance when you first met them? No? Good, because that is weird. :p It took time to get to know your fiance, and took time to fall in love with them. THAT IS OKAY if it is the same way with your dress! Decisions about your wedding have so much pressure behind them, take a look at the big picture and remember this is about you, and your fiance. Your dress is about the only wedding decision that is just about you, and your fiance will love you in whatever you choose!


Tips from Amy:
  1. Don’t try on billions of dresses, your mind can get very clouded, very fast. (Trust me on this one) More isn’t always better.
  2. Pick the dress that you feel good in and that suits your personality. You like black wedding dresses? Welp gurl, wear that black wedding dress! #slay
  3. The dress is the only part of the wedding that is just about you. Budgets can get cut elsewhere to make room for your dress. Take the corn off of the buffet, no one will even notice. (I know, I know, I’m biased owning a wedding gown shop and all… But Bombshell wouldn’t exist if we didn’t think that feeling amazing in your wedding dress was just about the most important wedding detail)
  4. You don’t have to lose weight, you are beautiful just as you are, gorgeous.
  5. Most importantly, remember this decision is about you and you alone. Don’t let anyone sway your decision, because everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, on your wedding day will tell you that you look beautiful.
000000000.gif


Talk soon!
-Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Reasons to Buy Your Dress At Bombshell We’re here to make you look beautiful. Our goal is to make sure you feel confident, gorgeous, and radiant. And gurrrrl do have some gorgeous dresses! We excel in customer service. It is our number one priority, to make sure you have an amazing shopping experience from start to finish! We help make you feel as comfortable as possible too! The experience is unlike any other. We strive to make you have as much fun as possible here. No stuffy bridal shop, and no pushy sales people. Just fashion loving women who love weddings just as much as you do! We celebrate with you when you found your dress, too! We cheers with champagne, have you sign the wall to encourage other ladies, and we take your picture with our iconic “I’m a Bombshell Bride” sign! :) Your money matters here. It is helping to pay for baseball camp, college tuition, family vacations and a newlywed couples first furniture purchase. We are a small business

12 Things Brides Forget Before Their Wedding Day

BRING EXTRA SHOES! Those gorgeous heels you bought? Yeah, by the time the reception rolls around your feet will be killing you! Bring an extra pair of flats so you can keep dancing and socializing the night away. You’ll thank me later. Decide what to do with the gifts. This is often forgotten during the wedding planning process, but still pretty important thing to remember! Make sure you assign someone to pack up the gifts and tell them where to take them. Especially if you are leaving on your honeymoon that night! You don’t want to decide what to do with them after you have had a few glasses of champagne. ;) Assign someone responsible to take care of the marriage license! Your officiant will take two copies and one is your souvenir. (Yes, you will sign three of them.) Make sure you don’t ask your cousin who has had 4 possibly 6 drinks that night already. A pretty hanger for your wedding dress. Since your dress will be photographed you want to make s

6 Tips for Stress-Free Bridesmaid Shopping

I have heard so many brides tell me that bridesmaid dress shopping was the most stressful part of her planning, so let me help make your shopping a bit easier with these helpful tips! Gurl I gotchu. Budget: This is one of the most challenging parts for your maids, so make sure you are upfront about your expectations from the very start. Communicate with your girls, ask what they can afford and plan accordingly. If your girls are on a strict budget, START EARLY! Having your girls know the price of the dress a few months before they need to order, will make this purchase MUCH easier on them. Thas way, your girls can budget for the dress and not add on last minute stress! Happy bridesmaids = a happy bride :) Time: As I said above, time is very important, because bridesmaid dresses can take up to 6 months to arrive. Also, don’t forget your girls need to get their alterations as well. No, this is not a perfectly fitted garment, and yes, they will almost certainly need alterati