Skip to main content

#WeddingWednesday Sandie + Robert 7-18-15

Sandie + Robert were married on July 18th, 2015 and what a beautiful day they had! Here is what she had to say about her big day:

“We wanted to get married in Detroit.  We looked at many different options that did not fit our vision.  We toured the DNR OAC center before the exhibits set up, but the plans for the DNR OAC were amazing – and it fit our vision. Our wedding was their first wedding; and two days before they opened to the public.  Our guests were able to enjoy the exhibits before and after our ceremony.  


06.jpg

I felt great in my wedding gown.  I saw this dress at a bridal show with my fiancé, and was glad to see it at Bombshell Bridal.  Although I tried on many, many dresses – this was my favorite.  The staff was great and the alterations were perfect.  
07.jpg05.jpg

Our reception was so fun!  We celebrated with our friends and family; the DJ wonderfully embraced our music taste; the food was flavorful; the cake was delicious; and the hall staff was pleasant and extremely helpful.


04.jpg

My husband’s family has a tradition of writing and singing a song during the reception.  They sang our song to the tune of “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.”  At the end of the song, the lyric sheets were given to us - a great keepsake.”


03.jpg


Aww so sweet! :’) We wish you both all the happiness in the world! Congratulations on your beautiful marriage!


08.jpg


Your name: Sandie Young
Husband’s Name: Robert Young
Wedding Date: July 18, 2015
Photographer: Detroit Photo Company, Lars Hjelmoth with assistant, Chelsea
Ceremony Location: DNR Outdoor Adventure Center, Detroit, MI
Reception Location: Knights of Columbus, Clawson, MI (in-house caterer, Chef Paul did a wonderful job)
Florist: Bouquets and corsages done by Della’s Maple Lane Florist, Troy, MI, Brian
Cake: Holiday Market, Royal Oak, MI
DJ: Night and Day DJ, Matt Fox
Centerpieces: Baby’s Breath submerged in water, with royal blue rocks and LED light (designed by Robb and I, and assembled by friends and reception hall staff).
Linens: Linens Hero, Madison Heights, MI
Jewelry: My engagement ring and wedding band were at Archangel Jewelry in Madison Heights.  We also bought Robb's wedding band there. In addition, I wore my grandmother's wedding band on my right hand and a bracelet my grandfather made.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Cute Gifts Your Bridesmaid Will Actually Want!

5 Cute Gifts Your Bridesmaid Actually Want! Want to be that awesome bride that doesn't want to give mainstream gifts? Check this list out! Everyone knows that weddings are full of tears, so why not lighten the mood and make them laugh? Such a fun and cute way to wipe away those tears of joy! No Ugly Crying Embroidered Hanky Alex and Ani Bracelet. They are a stylish way to show them what you mean to them. They come with a card with three different meanings so you can make it super personal. Bonus tip: Add a note and tell them how that charm reminds you of them. Alex and Ani Bracelets Pearls of Friendship Necklace by Dogeared. This is such a sweet dainty touch to give your girls, and they can even wear it on the wedding day! A very sweet way to tell them how much they mean to you, and because, who doesn’t like pearls? I mean, really. Dogeared Pearls of Friendship Necklace Ring candles are a great way to give your besties a surprise and a good smelling hous...

Emily's #WeddingWednesday

Emily came to Bombshell on a recommendation from a friend "I was having a horrible time finding a dress in my size. I called the shop and asked about my size, when she said "We have that size", I almost cried" she said. The bride and new mom came to the shop she had little less than a month until her wedding. Emily was so worried about finding a gown for her special day. " We picked out 4 dresses an started trying them on, I wasn't feeling like any of them was "The one". My consultant  wasn't rushful or rude about me not liking them. She then went to the back and brought out a dress in blue that could be ordered in white, I LOVED IT!!!!" The gown Emily chose was ready for her wedding and she looked stunning! " The day of my wedding I felt like a million dollars, everyone loved my dress.When I got to my husband at the alter he was in awe, mouth open and all. After the wedding he told me that I took his breath away, that he fell...

REAL TALK. How to be A Good Bridesmaid

We all know that being a bridesmaid is a blessing AND a curse. Buying a dress that 1. you don’t like and 2. UGH that price tag though! We all know that sometimes being asked to be in a wedding is extremely frustrating. However, when your best friend asks you to be in her wedding it’s hard to not feel honored! She loves you and wants you by her side for the most important day of her life. Please be seated class! Remember that she might be stressed out, and don’t take it personal. She may be stressed because everyone is in her ear telling her what she should do. Ask her if she needs help and most likely she will need it, but might not want to ask. You may not care about all the details, but she does! A good friend will shut up about her wanting paper flowers instead of real ones and help her make “said” paper flowers. She will change her mind at least a dozen times. I am SOOO guilty of this. In this day and age with pinterest, instagram, wedding blogs, and facebook i...