Skip to main content

#WeddingWednesday Shannon + Greg 10-18-14

Shannon and Greg’s wedding looked like so much fun! Shannon added some GREAT advice too! Take notes ladies! Here is what she had to say about her big day:


“We had a traditional Catholic ceremony at the Grosse Pointe Academy Chapel.  This church is absolutely breathtaking.  Our wedding party came into ‘A Thousand Years’, the mothers processional was ‘Ave Maria’ and my wonderful father walked me down to ‘Canon in D’.


09.jpg

Our priest, Father Jerry was so fun and loving - we received many compliments on the mass being exciting to listen to.


“I thought you looked amazing.  I choked up when I saw you” - Greg, the Groom.

10.jpg


My dress was AWESOME.  I’ve never felt better in anything in my entire life.  I loved how I looked, I loved how it photographed and all the compliments I received.  I almost settled for something less perfect to save a few bucks but you’ll never have a day like your wedding day - so SPLURGE!  


11.jpg


13.jpg


We had our reception at Gino’s Surf in Harrison Twp, MI which recently closed.  We came in dancing to ‘Turn Down For What’ where my new husband hammed up his dance moves.  Looking back at my wedding video, I didn’t realize in front of our 250 guests, I made it rain on him <yikes>.  We did a family style dinner, followed by cake & dancing.  It was magical and I loved every minute of it.


12.jpg


I chose to wear white Crocs on my wedding day, even though many argued with me about it or thought I was joking.  I am fully aware how untraditional and hideous they are but I get grouchy when my feet hurt.  Don’t let anyone talk you out of something you want.  It’s your day, no regrets!   Also, my bridesmaid who is a surgeon, almost didn’t make it because she was in surgery the morning of the wedding.  She ended up only having her Danskin doctor shoes to wear the day of.  Although unplanned, I felt a sense of unity when someone else was rocking a comfy clog with a fancy dress.

06.jpg


We hired Detroit Bus Company to move around our wedding party throughout the day.  After we were done with photos, we sent the bus to run from the hotel to the reception every 45 minutes.  People LOVED this bus.  Our driver let us plug in our own music and it was a blast.  Also, my husband is a huge Steelers fan and our bus was called “The Bettis”.

16.jpg


If I had any advice to give a bride, it’d be to appoint someone to feed you on the day of your wedding.  I ate a granola bar followed by swigs of Fireball (see photo) and probably a bottle of wine - that’s all I had the whole day.  When we got to the reception, I scarfed down food and then felt ill for a couple hours.  Even if someone packs a PB&J or order a Jimmy Johns, it’s 100% worth it.“

08.jpg


What great advice Shannon! Ahh what a beautiful wedding! We here at Bombshell wish you and Greg all the happiness in the world! You both looked fantastic! Congratulations on your beautiful day!


Shannon Wojtkowski  & Greg Wojtkowski
Wedding Date: 10/18/2014
Photographer: Vision Photography
Ceremony Location: Grosse Pointe Academy Chapel, Grosse Pointe, MI
Reception Location: Gino’s Surf, Harrison Twp, MI
Florist: Detroit Garden Works
DJ: DJ Crashers
Shoes: Crocs

Comments

  1. my name is carol and I live in USA, My life is back again... After 5 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with kids .I felt like my life was about to end and I almost committed suicide, I was emotionally down for a very long time.Thanks to a spell caster called dr. ovia, which I meet online, On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet and I came across a lot of testimonies about this particular spell caster.Some people testified that he brought their Ex boyfriend back, some testified that he restores Womb,Cure Cancer and Herpes Virus, and HIV,diabetics, hepatitis b, and other sickness, some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and so on. I also come across one particular testimony and it was about a woman called jinni, she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days and at the end of her testimony she dropped Dr. ovia email address which is, droviaspiritualtemple@gmail.com After reading all these,I decided to give it a try and I contacted him through his via email and explained my problem to him. In just 48 hours, my husband came back to me, and we solved our issues, we are even happier than before Dr. ovia is really a gifted man and I will not stop testifying him because he is a wonderful man and so powerful, If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems. contact him on this email: droviaspiritualtemple@gmail.com or call him +2348135858735
    GOODLUCK......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought that there will be a miracle on the internet until i came in contact with Priest Babaka, finally i made it with his help, with his spiritual power which was recommended by a lady in baby center he help before, i never believe it was real until i confirm it now because i have tried so many things to make sure i get pregnant but no luck, immediately i contact him. he did some spiritual prayers and send me a medicine which i took, i got pregnant three weeks after, and i now have a son to show. thank you so much priest and i recommend Priest Babaka for everyone out there that is willing to have a child of her own out there. contact him for help too he is real and powerful, i have confirmed it, contact him on email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Reasons to Buy Your Dress At Bombshell We’re here to make you look beautiful. Our goal is to make sure you feel confident, gorgeous, and radiant. And gurrrrl do have some gorgeous dresses! We excel in customer service. It is our number one priority, to make sure you have an amazing shopping experience from start to finish! We help make you feel as comfortable as possible too! The experience is unlike any other. We strive to make you have as much fun as possible here. No stuffy bridal shop, and no pushy sales people. Just fashion loving women who love weddings just as much as you do! We celebrate with you when you found your dress, too! We cheers with champagne, have you sign the wall to encourage other ladies, and we take your picture with our iconic “I’m a Bombshell Bride” sign! :) Your money matters here. It is helping to pay for baseball camp, college tuition, family vacations and a newlywed couples first furniture purchase. We are a small business

12 Things Brides Forget Before Their Wedding Day

BRING EXTRA SHOES! Those gorgeous heels you bought? Yeah, by the time the reception rolls around your feet will be killing you! Bring an extra pair of flats so you can keep dancing and socializing the night away. You’ll thank me later. Decide what to do with the gifts. This is often forgotten during the wedding planning process, but still pretty important thing to remember! Make sure you assign someone to pack up the gifts and tell them where to take them. Especially if you are leaving on your honeymoon that night! You don’t want to decide what to do with them after you have had a few glasses of champagne. ;) Assign someone responsible to take care of the marriage license! Your officiant will take two copies and one is your souvenir. (Yes, you will sign three of them.) Make sure you don’t ask your cousin who has had 4 possibly 6 drinks that night already. A pretty hanger for your wedding dress. Since your dress will be photographed you want to make s

6 Tips for Stress-Free Bridesmaid Shopping

I have heard so many brides tell me that bridesmaid dress shopping was the most stressful part of her planning, so let me help make your shopping a bit easier with these helpful tips! Gurl I gotchu. Budget: This is one of the most challenging parts for your maids, so make sure you are upfront about your expectations from the very start. Communicate with your girls, ask what they can afford and plan accordingly. If your girls are on a strict budget, START EARLY! Having your girls know the price of the dress a few months before they need to order, will make this purchase MUCH easier on them. Thas way, your girls can budget for the dress and not add on last minute stress! Happy bridesmaids = a happy bride :) Time: As I said above, time is very important, because bridesmaid dresses can take up to 6 months to arrive. Also, don’t forget your girls need to get their alterations as well. No, this is not a perfectly fitted garment, and yes, they will almost certainly need alterati