Skip to main content

#WeddingWednesday Amy + Dan 7.26.15

For this #WeddingWednesday we are doing things a bit differently. My husband Dan, wanted to write this post from his point of view. (HOW CUTE IS THAT?!) Here is what he had to say about our day:


“Before the ceremony I felt very excited and nervous (good nervous). I was drinking with my groomsmen on the porch waiting for the ceremony to start.


Amy and Dan-1069.jpg


When the music started playing I felt really excited and happy. I was really curious what Amy’s dress was going to look like, she had been hinting at it being camo for months. That got old fast. When she came out I was very surprised and it was very beautiful. I was extremely glad it wasn’t camo. When Amy was walking towards me I had the biggest grin on my face, and I couldn’t stop smiling, she was so beautiful.


Amy and Dan-2050.jpg

We decided to be unique and write our own vows which was very special to us. During all the excitement and happiness the officiant forgot to have us recite our vows. Luckily enough we reminded him and got to recite our beautiful vows to each other and end it with our signature pinky promise.


Amy and Dan-2142.jpg


Between the ceremony and the reception we took pictures, Amy had the picture set up in a really cool way so she could photoshop some cool things. Example below:

01.jpg


Some cool things about we did at our wedding were Amy made these awesome boutonnieres for my groomsmen and I.


Amy and Dan-3407.jpg


At the reception we had a hand saw to cut our cake with.


Amy and Dan-3281.jpg


We also played the shoe game with a unique twist where we used fatheads instead of each others shoes.


Amy and Dan-3376.jpg


For the reception we walked in to “What is Love” by Haddaway with our heads bobbing like night at the Roxbury movie.  


Amy and Dan-3227.jpg


My favorite part of the reception was the first dance with my beautiful wife. Our first dance song was You and I by Michael Buble. We practiced dancing in our hotel room the night before so we could get the spinning down, didn’t want her to trip or fall.


Amy and Dan-3230.jpg


My wife surprised me with a flash mob of the song “Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars. I had a hint they were doing that for awhile. It came out very well and I was amazed by their funky dance moves.


05.jpg


The photographers took us in the woods to take some sunset pictures. We had no idea where we were going and it was kinda weird. But, the pictures turned out AWESOME! We did miss some key points while we were in the woods but thankfully we had awesome videographers that caught details like my grandpa dancing. (I have never seen him in my entire life dance).


Amy and Dan-3431.jpg


While we were cutting the cake I forgot about the tradition of shoving cake in each other's face and my wife surprised me and smashed it all over my face. I’m not going to lie I was pretty upset. But I love her.


Amy and Dan-3279.jpg


My wife did a great job and she did a lot of the planning of our reception decorations for the night's festivities. I am very thankful to have her.


02.jpg


Overall it was a beautiful day and I couldn’t have asked for a greater moment in my life. “

Amy and Dan-3164.jpg


Photographers: McCoy Made
Videographers: Complete Video Solutions
Wedding Coordination: Grand Jour Events
Ceremony: The Grand Hotel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Cute Gifts Your Bridesmaid Will Actually Want!

5 Cute Gifts Your Bridesmaid Actually Want! Want to be that awesome bride that doesn't want to give mainstream gifts? Check this list out! Everyone knows that weddings are full of tears, so why not lighten the mood and make them laugh? Such a fun and cute way to wipe away those tears of joy! No Ugly Crying Embroidered Hanky Alex and Ani Bracelet. They are a stylish way to show them what you mean to them. They come with a card with three different meanings so you can make it super personal. Bonus tip: Add a note and tell them how that charm reminds you of them. Alex and Ani Bracelets Pearls of Friendship Necklace by Dogeared. This is such a sweet dainty touch to give your girls, and they can even wear it on the wedding day! A very sweet way to tell them how much they mean to you, and because, who doesn’t like pearls? I mean, really. Dogeared Pearls of Friendship Necklace Ring candles are a great way to give your besties a surprise and a good smelling hous...

REAL TALK. How to be A Good Bridesmaid

We all know that being a bridesmaid is a blessing AND a curse. Buying a dress that 1. you don’t like and 2. UGH that price tag though! We all know that sometimes being asked to be in a wedding is extremely frustrating. However, when your best friend asks you to be in her wedding it’s hard to not feel honored! She loves you and wants you by her side for the most important day of her life. Please be seated class! Remember that she might be stressed out, and don’t take it personal. She may be stressed because everyone is in her ear telling her what she should do. Ask her if she needs help and most likely she will need it, but might not want to ask. You may not care about all the details, but she does! A good friend will shut up about her wanting paper flowers instead of real ones and help her make “said” paper flowers. She will change her mind at least a dozen times. I am SOOO guilty of this. In this day and age with pinterest, instagram, wedding blogs, and facebook i...

Emily's #WeddingWednesday

Emily came to Bombshell on a recommendation from a friend "I was having a horrible time finding a dress in my size. I called the shop and asked about my size, when she said "We have that size", I almost cried" she said. The bride and new mom came to the shop she had little less than a month until her wedding. Emily was so worried about finding a gown for her special day. " We picked out 4 dresses an started trying them on, I wasn't feeling like any of them was "The one". My consultant  wasn't rushful or rude about me not liking them. She then went to the back and brought out a dress in blue that could be ordered in white, I LOVED IT!!!!" The gown Emily chose was ready for her wedding and she looked stunning! " The day of my wedding I felt like a million dollars, everyone loved my dress.When I got to my husband at the alter he was in awe, mouth open and all. After the wedding he told me that I took his breath away, that he fell...